deathstickaddict

Books, Bad Boys & Tattoos

I'm an eighteen-year old two-faced Filipina extrovert who has been living in the pages of books for two years now. I expertize in warped logic and extreme criticism.

Pushing the Limits by Katie Mcgarry

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry

Book description: So wrong for each other …and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

5 out 5 stars.

ACHINGLY BEAUTIFUL = This is the perfect description for this.

Holy. Schmuck. Everything I thought about this book is so wrong, just wrong.

Just when I thought I was in for another despicable book, here I am, rocking my body back and forth because this book is just so amazing I don't know what to do with my life now.

This book is the closest to reality that I've ever read. Everything is so surreal! The characters are real, the emotions are raw, the scenes and sequence of events are very well thought of...

It's amazing how the story tackles issues of troubled or, to be accurate,damaged teenagers because at some point thereon, it informs the reader that things like those in the book actually happen in real life, that there are actually teenagers (probably even those you just happen to pass by, God forbid someone you know even) out there who suffer neglect from their own families, longing for their lost parents and/or siblings, torments of past traumas, judgments of fake best friends, prying eyes of jerks at school...stuff like that.

Surprisingly, I instantly feel as if the characters and I are one. As the reader, I could feel Echo and Noah's trepidation, heartaches, longing, happiness...practically every emotion they feel. It's as if I'm actually there, with them!

What amazes me more about this is how a lot of things could happen in just three hundred and sixty two pages (e-book), how it sums up pretty much every emotion and happenings in one's life, how it talks about not just the romance between the two characters but their lives as well. It doesn't start slow, but not fast even, it's on a just right pace. It gives the reader time to feel her way in. There is a time when I think Echo and Noah are just like any other teenager nowadays, feeding off of hormonal triggers but then Mcgarry makes me realize that that's the point, she makes her characters flawed, just like any other human, because she wants to make her reader live the characters' lives and just be the character.

And the best part? Mcgarry sure knows when and how to make her readers feel as if there's an invisible hand reaching out to their hearts and twisting it as the characters deal with what real people face everyday.

Another thing every reader will surely love about this book is the mystery.The story begins with Echo's slated mind and Noah's loss. It's cool that Mcgarry's able to explain very well what really is behind these two teenagers' stories and how they get through it.

Right now I'm torn between taking back my rants last night and letting it stay there. *shrugs* Whatever. It still made me realize that every once in awhile, I actually need a dose of reality.

From now on I'll call this book "The All-nighter" because it definitely is. It made me stay up all night because it's utterly unputdownable (if such word even exists). I tried telling myself to call it a night already but each chapter and page is just a page-turner, no chapter will bore you out, so I ended up awake and disoriented until 6 in the morning.

I don't regret being sleep-deprived. This book makes the blurry vision and narrowed eyes worth it. The only thing I hate now? Is the fact that the book contains 362 pages but the story ends at 343. That companion novel's preview sucks because I was expecting for more and accidentally rushed to the ending.