deathstickaddict

Books, Bad Boys & Tattoos

I'm an eighteen-year old two-faced Filipina extrovert who has been living in the pages of books for two years now. I expertize in warped logic and extreme criticism.

SPOILER ALERT!

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover

Book description: At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

5 out of 5 stars.

Beautiful, bizarre.

If you're already sick and tired of reading YA Contemporary Fiction or New Adult for that matter with girls falling for bad boys and shit like that, well, this is just the book that will keep you from throwing up with all these cheesy romance books. I'm telling you, this book is nothing but different. The first thing you'll love about this book is the humor. Yes, the humor starts at the second page of the first chapter. It's very unpretentious. There are no trying hard crap, it all comes out naturally. And you guys should anticipate for Warren. Oh yes, once that guy shows up, you'll never stop laughing you asses out.

The next one is the romance. I love how Hoover establishes the romance between the two, Sydney and Ridge. It doesn't start off with good looks like most YA or NA books nowadays. No, no shit like that. That one thing that cracks the perfect and planned world of the two is music...and talent. It's amazing how Hoover is able to tell her readers that love doesn't begin with tantalizing eyes or a mesmerizing voice but with things that our other senses can, well, sense too. And it's not slow-paced, no. The two don't hate each other like the typical "the more you hate, the more you love" shit. The guy isn't a bad boy as well! A a matter of fact, he has a good and loyal heart in his chest which sort of ruins everything. The romance of these two unlikely people does not revolve on cheesy, childish romance. Their love story is a mature and real one.

And the thing I love the most about this book is the dialogues. Yes, the dialogues. It may seem shallow to some but holy brocomoli, their dialogues are very much relatable, I practically underlined the entire book because the lines, oh the lines, they're so beautiful, even sort of an eye-opener. The advice Ridge gives out is totally applicable to real life, most especially when my best friend is currently suffering from the "cheated on with my best friend" thing (I'm not the best friend being referred here, mind you). And the dialogues between Sydney and Ridge, YOU CAN DEFINITELY FEEL THE EMOTIONS BEING INCITED FROM THEIR WORDS, THEIR LINES, THEIR PARAGRAPHS, EVERYTHING! This is also a reason why I had a hard time containing my emotions when I finally reached the greatest climax of this story.

Imagine a girl, crying her heart out in the middle of the night, totally depressing over the fact that no one would understand her because none of her friends has read this book yet...yup, that's me.

I don't know how I shifted from a laughing hyena to a wailing blue whale. The transition is so fast you end up mourning only a second after you rolled in the aisles while clutching your stomach. Goodness! The last time I cried because of a book was over a year ago thus the shock is so great, most especially because I was unprepared for an emotional roller coaster! Someone should've warned me that I was in for another tearjerking, heart-wrenching story!

I had to stop reading because the emotions are just too much to bear, it was a good thing my best friend (that one above) was online last night that I was able to vent out everything to her. I've been planning to let her read the book since she could relate more to this than I did and by no intention, she instantly asked for a copy! I told her about the premise and she said she'd love to read it, maybe Ridge's advice could help.

THIS BOOK=PERFECTION. EVERYTHING IS SO MAGICAL, THE TWO CHARACTERS' STORY, THEIR SELF-DEVELOPMENT, THEIR WORDS, THEIR LOVE STORY, TOTALLY BREATHTAKING.

YOU GUYS SHOULD READ THIS NOW, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!