I'm an eighteen-year old two-faced Filipina extrovert who has been living in the pages of books for two years now. I expertize in warped logic and extreme criticism.
No, no, no! I can't. I just can't. It's a DNF, yes, but I'm already giving it a 1.
First off, EVERYTHING IS JUST SO WRONG. SO WRONG.
The story follows a girl who is SUPPOSED TO BE MOURNING HER MOTHER'S DEATH and is forced to live with her mooch of a father. Unfortunately, her father has left for Paris together with his new wife who happens to be the mom of the male protagonist so she now has to live with her supposedly step-brother. Here are the things that made me groan and almost pull my hairs out in frustration:
1. The story begins with her pointing a gun at the first guy she sees. With that being said I expected for some ass-kicking female protagonist. But towards the end of the second chapter where the male protagonist shoos her off, she just cries like some weak-hearted kid. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE GUN CRAP EARLIER?! She mentioned at the beginning of the chapter that she needed to be tough, now that she's alone, hence the gun. And a mere rejection from a guy, not to mention whose unusually-colored eyes she instantly admires, just abruptly softened her heart?! That fast and simple?! What the fudge!!!
2. WHAT KIND OF VIRGIN FANTASIZES ABOUT A GUY'S SEXINESS, SCREWING HIM AND ALL THAT SHIT?! If she weren't a conservative virgin, I would have understood. BUT THE FACT THAT JUST SOME MINIMAL VERBAL FLIRTATION ALREADY HAD HER CRINGING...WHAT IS SHE, A TWO-FACED VIRGIN?!
3. Her mom died only thirty-six days ago and she's already fantasizing about being in this guy's bed?! ISN'T SHE SUPPOSED TO BE MOURNING?! I doubt even the hottest guy on earth will keep you from grieving over the death of your parent/s, and to think that she mentioned more than once that she spent the last three years only with her mom, just imagine how close they would have been perhaps even her love for her mom, and then JUST ONE GUY WITH A RIPPLED ABDOMEN WILL MAKE HER FORGET ABOUT THAT?! SCREW YOU AND YOUR FREAKING HORMONES!!!
4. Three days. She's only been in that guy's house for three days and then the guy's already talking about her staying away from him BECAUSE HE CAN'T SEEM TO CONTAIN HIS RAGING HORMONES?! Okay, so there are people who have one-night stands or simply do it with people they just met, it's somehow the nature of the New Adult genre. BUT THEY BARELY EVEN SEE LET ALONE TALK TO EACH OTHER! AND THAT ONE TIME HE'D BEEN WITH HER FOR JUST TWO MINUTES OR SO, SHE EVEN GOT UNDER HIS SKIN!! Oh, so is that the modern aphrodisiac now?!
5. SHE TALKS ABOUT HIS EYES AND SEXINESS AND THE NEXT SECOND, SHE CLAIMS THAT SHE HATES HIM. The moment I saw this, all I wanted to do was grab a dictionary and slap the hell out of her with it before I tell her to read WHAT HATE REALLY MEANS.
6. THE GUY HAS SOME ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES. One wrong sentence, he walks out on her, the next, he's already screwing her with his eyes!
Like f*** it, I just can't take it anymore!!! I've read so much better fanfictions on Wattpad, written by amateur writers, and right now, what I'd trade to have those published instead of this crap. It seems as if a horny teenager wrote this, who, apparently, if she were a guy, she would have been thinking with her head "down there" and not the one perched above her neck!
I'm sorry for being rude, I don't normally do this but, ugh! Some stories are just worthy of such rants.